Our long national nightmare is over. I shaved my beard. The weather was warmer, my wife had a sort of sad and resigned look about her, and I just decided to remove the big hairy thing. I left the mustache for a day because I’ve never had one before and wanted to find out what it felt like to spend a day as That Mustache Guy.
Here’s what/who I felt like:
– Your mom’s new boyfriend Neil
– The worst Gordon Lightfoot impersonator in Norway
– Lyman, the long lost roommate(?) of Jon from Garfield
– A guy who had just taken a big sloppy drink of hair
– A down-on-his-luck waterbed salesman
– A guy at work who everyone was slightly concerned about (this happened when I wore the mustache to work)
– Kenny Loggins’ podiatrist
– Last place in the Magnum P.I. lookalike contest
– Someone with a lot of rare Yes albums
– A guy who knows a lot about Corvettes
– The junior high school teacher who hopes the kids don’t learn about his band
– A Viking therapist
Your crisp, clean host,
Friends of Wits Doing Stuff
Paul Scheer (@paulscheer), Scott Aukerman (@ScottAukerman), Ben Acker (@bnacker), and Ben Blacker (@BenBlacker) all contributed to Marvel’s gigantic Death of Deadpool issue. Reminder that you can catch Paul with musical guest/friend of the show Neko Case (@NekoCase) Friday at the Fitz. (Kelly Hogan (@hoganhere) will be there, too!)
Did you know there is a Wits newsletter? Much like the Infinite Guest newsletter, it comes out every week, with original content from Wits host John Moe, updates on new shows, what guests and friends of the program are up to, videos from the Wits YouTube channel, the whole shebang.
Would you like to subscribe? Enter information in the Internet boxes (technical term) BELOW.