(Pictured: stock photo of a white dude holding a basketball and giving a thumbs-up. It is assumed he enjoys sports games and music bands.)
Kelly Dwyer, editor of Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie blog, helps John Moe preview the 2014-2015 NBA season, specifically any non-LeBron-homecoming storylines that we may have missed. Plus, John talks about hitting and getting hit; the Tournament of Names (NBA edition) takes majestic, awful flight, with the assistance of Mike Fotis and Peter Clowney; and a dissection of the lyrics to Lorde’s “Royals” from the perspective of the Burlington Bees, courtesy of Wits.
- An escalation in “Royals”-triggered song bans, where even Steely Dan and Fleet Foxes aren’t safe.
- John being part of the problem as regards the NFL, which is most of the problem as regards the NFL.
- Joakim Noah’s reggae-Tom Wolfe aesthetic (no, look).
- “I’ve ensnared you in my pants.”
- Patty Smyth of Scandal.
- “There was some tribes.”
- John Moe’s Dinosaur Corner